Monday, April 9, 2007

Daddy Yankee featured in April/May issue of GIANT




Yes, this is an instance of shameless self-promotion on my part but hey, if I don't do it, who will? lol Anyway, I wrote a hefty story on Daddy Yankee for this month's issue of GIANT magazine (the dopest urban entertainment publication out there, ya heard?!)

Check it out -- Eve's on the cover of the issue, and I won't give away too many surprises as to what Yankee says, BUT here are a few highlights...


On his silence about past doings:

"Most artists from my generation survived off of hustling. In the midst of poverty, I did what I had to do..."



On recent articles proclaiming the death of reggaetón:

"The people who say reggaetón died need to do their research. How can reggaetón be dead if the top-selling album of 2006 was my album [Barrio Fino en Directo]?"



On the song "Me Quedaría," off of this summer's El Cartel?

"It's a really crude track about the reasons why so many Latinos immigrate to the U.S. People don't understand they why behind the Latino [immigration flow], and I felt like as a Latino and a songwriter, I had to speak on it."


Want more? Go out and buy the issue, biiiiaaaatcheees!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good article, Cel! Any comments on his single with Fergilicious?!?!?! (And can MTVNews.com can a link on your blog roll?!?!)